TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement applies to and between you and Dunes Golf Competitions (https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions). Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately. Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using this website by Dunes Golf Competitions ("us", "we", or "our").
In this Agreement “you” and “your” refer to entrants/customers of our Prize draw, prospective entrants/customers of our Prize draw, and users of our website/Services, “we”, “company”, “us” and “our” refer to Dunes Golf Competitions or https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions and “Service” refers to the services provided by us. Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both, entrants/customers and ourselves, or either the entrant/customer or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to provide services to the entrants in the most appropriate manner, for the express purpose of meeting their needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing laws. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Any and all use of our services is subject to this Agreement, which may be updated by us from time to time without prior notice to you. Any change of terms shall be binding and effective upon posting of the revised Agreement on our website. In addition to this Agreement, specific services or information contained within this website may be subject to additional posted terms or guidelines applicable to such services. All such terms or guidelines are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
By using our Website https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions (the “Site”) or any of our services (“Services”), you agree to follow and be bound by these Terms of Services (the “Terms of Services”) and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is unlawful to try and gain unauthorised access to the site, its servers, or any computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you may not use this Site or our services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
The Prize Competitions are open to all persons aged 18 and over that are legally residing in the United Kingdom, excluding the Northern Ireland and employees of the Promoter
Dunes Golf Competitions provides a free prize draw and skill-based prize competition site which operates various competitions resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with the terms and conditions on this website.
This is not a lottery or Gambling site; it is a competition where users can win prizes. Click on https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions
Standard free draw Prize Competition Terms
1. Qualifying Persons
· Peter Myers Golf Ltd t/a Dunes Golf Competitions (‘Promoter’, ‘our(s)’) operate competitions – prize competition free draws resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on this website https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions
· In entering the free Prize draw Competitions, Entrants will be deemed as though they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions, are over the age of 18 and agreed to be bound by them.
· The promoter reserves the right to close a customer’s account at any time, if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
· The promoter reserves the right to refuse a customer’s entry at the own discretion.
2. The Free draw Competition and Standard paid Entry
· There are multiple prize competitions that may be operated at the same time and each Prize Competition will have a specific prize.
· Availability and pricing of Prize Competition tickets is at the discretion of the Promoter and will be specified once the specific Prize Competition goes live.
· In order to enter a Prize Competition, you will need to register an account with us. To register an account online you will be asked to provide your first name, surname, email address and mobile number. Entrants will then be required to tick on the Website during the checkout of a new purchase that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions, are over the age of 18 and agreed to be bound by them.
· When playing a Prize Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to enter:
· Select the Competition you wish to enter via the homepage or view all active competitions page, once you are ready to purchase your ticket(s) you then press Enter button displayed on the website.
· You will then be redirected to your cart which will show the tickets you wish to purchase, and the ticket number assigned to it.
· Users simply fill out their billing details and card details to purchase their tickets. They will get an automatic email confirmation of this purchase.
· To enter the prize competitions for free please create an account on the site and fill in the necessary details and send them to: Dunes Golf Competitions, Dunes Golf Centre, Philorth Links, Fraserburgh, AB43 8TL. Kindly send only One (1) entry per person, first or second class stamped letter. The letter should include your full name, address, Date of birth, your accounts email, mobile number, your prize competition title and answer to question.
· Dunes Golf Competitions will collect free entries on the Monday of each week and will process within 48 hours of that day. This involves sending the individual a confirmation email (much in the same way as the confirmation email for a purchase), which states their ticket details, including the randomly generated ticket number(s). If a competition has sold out of tickets prior to the processing of free entries, the free entry will be null and void.
· 1 entry maximum per person
· Prize Competitions on the website will also be updated to reflect the change in the number of tickets remaining. The free entries will be treated in the exact same manner as the paid entries.
· Standard prize competition terms and conditions apply for free entries.
· The Promoter reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete Entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
· To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Entries become our property and will not be returned.
· The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted.
· All entrants must create an account prior to entering and supply an email address to proceed in the competition.
· Entries can only be processed if the competitions still has tickets remaining
3. The Skilled-based Entry
· By entering into our skilled-based Competitions, all Entrants acknowledge that entry into the competition draw will be dependent on correctly passing the skill-based test. Entrants who do not successfully pass the skill-based test will still be charged for entering the competition but will not have their ticket number progress to the competition draw and will not be entitled to a refund.
· The completed Entries which contain the correct answer as held by the Promoter will be entered into the Competition. Failure to answer any question correctly via the website will still result in any entrant being charged.
· In the event of a dispute between the entrant and the promoter, the parties understand the such dispute will be resolved using English laws and within the jurisdiction of English courts.
· The promoter has the right not to enter or disqualify a skilled-based entry if it suspects such entry has been entered illegally or breaches the terms of this agreement and other rules set by the promoter.
· All Entries will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
· We cannot guarantee all prizes won will have warranty for any breakages after we hand them over.
· The entrant understands that the maximum entries may vary depending on each individual competition. The competitions will state the maximum amount of entries permitted for any natural or legal person for each competition.
· To finalise the entry, you will be asked to provide a few personally identifiable information such as your contact details (including postal and e-mail addresses and a telephone number) and card payment details (for entry fee only). Once the Entry is submitted, your card payment will be electronically approved.
· Once the required or maximum number of entries for a particular competition is reached or the closing date has passed, the competition will close. The promoter may at its discretion extend the closing date by up to 14 days.
· All Entries to the skilled-based Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date or if the Promoter cancels the competition.
· The Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.
· After the closing, the winning candidate will be selected at random using a computerised software. We will provide full details of the draw time, date and link to the draw.
· There will only be one winner per competition except otherwise stated.
· If the Number of Entries to the Competition does not meet the maximum number of entries at the closing date, the promoter at its discretion may close the competition and allocate a prize to a winner after the deduction of any expenses.
· If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 7 days of being notified, the Prize will be in the possession of Dunes Golf Competitions. The winner will have no claim to the prize afterwards. The winner may be required to pay for shipping or delivery of the prizes, or the winner shall pick up the prize from promoter’s office.
· The promoter has complete ownership of the prizes herein this website until transferred to the winner of the competition.
· The winner will be required to provide proof of identity and proof of entry into the competition at the time that the prize is collected.
By entering a Prize Competition, you agree to have read and understood these terms and conditions and accept to be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material. If you participate in a Prize Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws regarding the legality of entering our Prize Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Prize Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
Each Prize Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Prize Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
Closing dates of Prize Competitions will only be extended for unavoidable reasons, namely:
1. Unavoidable circumstances beyond our control make it necessary; and
2. not to change the date would be unfair to those who sought to participate within the original terms, or where those who sought to participate within the original terms will not be disadvantaged by the change.
SUBSTITUTION OF A PRIZE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
If the prize originally offered cannot be awarded then a reasonable equivalent will be awarded. We will discuss an appropriate alternative with the winner. For an alternative prize to be considered, a reasonable equivalent almost equal in value to the prize advertised will be considered.
COMPETITION DRAW FOR FREE AND STANDARD PAID ENTRY
1. At the end of a free or standard prize competition, we use a random number generator (wheel of names or google random number generator) to choose the winner of the prize competition out of all the users who entered (either through the free or paid entry). Once the winner is chosen, an email will be sent out to all contestants within 24 hours which includes a link to the winners’ page, where they can view an animation which reveals the winning ticket number.
2. Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one winner per prize competition unless stated otherwise.
3. The Promoter will attempt to contact Winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason the entrant has not provided such contact information correctly, the Promoter will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
4. For any reason the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 7 days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Promoter) of the end of a Competition or the Winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize or the Winner is disqualified as a result of contravening any of these terms and conditions, the Winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will remain in the possession and ownership of Dunes Golf Competitions.
CLAIMING A PRIZE
1. The Winner of a competition on this website will be required to show proof of identification via email before delivery of the prize. Any failure to meet this obligation may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter retaining the prize.
2. All Winners will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by the Promoter in connection with the Prize Competition and in identifying them as a winner of a Prize Competition.
3. Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by the Promoter, the Winners will be contacted in order to make arrangements for delivery of the prize. They can expect to receive the prize within 5 working days from this date.
INFORMATION ON THE PRIZES
Dunes Golf Competitions prizes are determined, selected by the directors of the company and are owned by the promoter from the date of the competition going live on the website to the date that the winner receives the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by the promoter and in that case, this is the prize the winner will receive.
Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competition’s pages. Dunes Golf Competitions take no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery, once the winner receives the prize the promoter does not insure the prize. No insurance come with the prizes and the promoter cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
The following terms apply to the prizes;
1. Delivery to the winner is free. The promoter has a right to charge the winner delivery fees if they want the prize delivering anywhere other than the specified areas.
2. All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
3. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
4. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of the Promoter or other prize suppliers.
5. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of the Promoter or other prize suppliers.
Subject to other terms in these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software are the property of Dunes Golf Competitions. (https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions) By continuing to use the Website, you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable laws of England and Wales, International Intellectual Property and other laws. You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by us.
Should you have any complaint in relation to any aspect our operation, you should in the first instance write to Dunes Golf Competitions at Dunes Golf Centre, Philorth Links, Fraserburgh, AB438TL or email email@example.com include the details of the issue you wish to complain about. We usually respond within 28 days, but this may take longer in some instances.
Should the matter relate to a disputed transaction/entry and you remain dissatisfied with our response you have the right to refer the matter for dispute resolution. Details can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
We do not make any warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the participation in any competition on our website. All winners of the competition are selected at random through a computer software.
Whilst we do our best to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
Third-party websites with links from the Site have not been verified or reviewed by Dunes Golf Competitions, the use and access of such third-party websites is made at your own risk.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
When using the website and our service, you shall act in accordance with the following rules:
1. The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
2. You must be polite at all times when you contact our staff and you shall not use any swear word or make any racist, sexist, threating words towards them;
3. You must not display, publish, copy, print, post, modify or otherwise use the Site and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site without our prior written consent;
4. You must not use our site or services available on it for illegal activities or to fund illegal activities;
5. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited;
6. You may not create a false identity on https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions misrepresent your identity, create a profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. We reserve the right to require users to go through a verification process to claim any prizes or winnings (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).
7. An Entry, and/or a Postal Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the user engages in:
· any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent;
· fraudulent misrepresentation;
· fraudulent concealment;
· hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website;
· amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the Website.
SERVICES AND AVAILABILITY
Services and competitions are subject to availability. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of Services and competitions available on our site correspond to the actual Services and/or competition, we are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct services or competitions, not different services altogether. All the prizes information on the Website are correct at the time of going online. Dunes Golf Competitions (https://www.dunesgolfcentre.co.uk/competitions) reserves the right to alter or remove any special offers from time to time as necessary and extend or reduce the time of the competition.
Any default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by either Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions. We are entitled to still pursue any omitted or failed payment by you at any time.
In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid
LAW AND JURISDICTION